Saturday, August 13, 2005

We Coulda Been Contendahs!

Do you remember when I mentioned my bridge-building days? I was in the 7th grade, and my partners were Kelly, Avery, and Paul. We followed all of the rules. No cheating was involved. However, another group won because, unbeknownst to the teacher, they had doused their bridge in super glue -- a major no-no. Even with their super glue coat, the contest should've been a tie. But after the weights on our bridge had been added and subsequently taken off, someone found a gram on the floor on the other side of the room. So, technically, Dr. Butler explained, we could not be considered winners. WHAT! Oh no she didn't!!! Like our bridge was going to break over the pressure of 1 measley little gram. Whatever. For the record, here's the winning bridge. I stumbled upon it today, while rifling through my photos.

Avery, Kelly, me, and Paul.

Thing I'm thankful for: 80's movies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bridge building story: It was the 8th grade and we didn't get to work with others to build our toothpick bridges. I wanted to do so well for some strange reason. I worked with my round toothpicks and wood glue to build the best bridge I could but as soon as the first weights were put ontop, my bridge fell. I was devestated and got teary eyed. Can you believe I almost cried because my bridge sucked. My science teacher noticed my very vulnerable state and kept it from getting worse. I wish I could remember his name. He really tried to help me with physical science, but I just couldn't get it.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

That's so sad!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home