Thursday, June 23, 2005

Where Have All the Copyediting Jobs Gone?

I don't have much to write about today, but I did want to mention that today was the summer solstice. It's the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere. I learned this from Blake's blog. I've been so bothered about the goings-on in my life right now, that I haven't even kept up with science news. For me, that's pretty low.
This brings me to my rant. Why is it so ridiculously hard to find a job after college? I need a job, but I don't have the experience most firms want. I think we should be judged by how willing we are to learn, though. Hmmm...how would that work? What if I just started showing up to places at 9:00 and pretended that I actually have a job there? Maybe no one would notice. Maybe.
Anyway, look at my blog in about a week; I should have pictures posted about my trip to Florida.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Sara,

Hang in there. You'll get a job. Just be more confident and let people know you do have experience. Play up your Pros and flaunt it!

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...showing up at 9:00"?!? That ain't showing much. Most places, you'd be an hour late already. Or maybe you meant nine at night...? But then, they might think you're homeless and then you'd really have problems.

b.n. Nice blog.

Jason

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I feel ya. I feel ya.

(And 9AM is average arrival time in the city.)

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M-possible!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home