Friday, August 02, 2013

Top 25 Songs

The Max Snow family reunion is happening as I type.  One of my uncles e-mailed everyone a few weeks ago, asking us to compile a list of our top 25 favorite songs.  What?!?!  What?  How could I limit myself to just 25 songs???  It was so difficult!

But I did it, and here's how:  I listed the first 25 songs that came to mind.  Except it wasn't 25 songs; it was 27.  I axed the last two, and this is the remaining 25: 
  1. Mint Car, The Cure
  2. Something, The Beatles
  3. The Rain Song, Led Zeppelin
  4. Time, Pink Floyd (I couldn't find a decent recording on YouTube.)
  5. You Only Live Once, The Strokes
  6. Green Eyes, Coldplay
  7. Arrested by You, Rupert Hine
  8. Read My Mind, The Killers
  9. Stubborn Love, The Lumineers
  10. Tighten Up, The Black Keys
  11. Lost in My Mind, The Head and the Heart
  12. Re: Stacks, Bon Iver
  13. Bizarre Love Triangle, New Order
  14. I Melt With You, Modern English
  15. The Goonies 'R' Good Enough, Cyndi Lauper
  16. You Send Me, Sam Cooke
  17. The Tracks of My Tears, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
  18. I Want You Back, Jackson 5
  19. Ain't Too Proud to Beg, The Temptations
  20. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours), Stevie Wonder
  21. Jailhouse Rock, Elvis
  22. Sleepwalk, Santo and Johnny
  23. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go, Madeleine Peyroux
  24. Dreams, The Cranberries
  25. High and Dry, Radiohead

So there you go.  That was what I came up with off the top of my head.  It's not a perfect list, but it still gives a pretty good picture of me and my musical interests.

What did my uncle use the songs for, you ask?  He played a sampling of 50 songs for everyone, and after each song, we had to guess whose song it was.  This was a fun game for several reasons, but mainly two: 1) My family loves music, and 2) My family loves reading people.  Check and check.  Family reunion success.  :)


Thing I'm thankful for: that I didn't die at the Lava Hot Springs water park

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Alice said...

You have such good taste in music. I love that about you.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ha. Thanks, Gretchen. :)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home