Monday, July 01, 2013

Happy Birthday, Blake!


I used to write posts for my family members' birthdays, but for some reason, I stopped.  Well, today, I'm starting it again because I like to talk about them.  After all, they are the people who made me who I am.

So here's something about Blake and just one reason why I like him: He's a family man.  He loves his kids, and he loves his wife.  And he talks about it.  See?
Then I told Lindsey about the exchange. She smiled and said, “Good for you, Blake. Now will you watch your son?” Translation: She doesn’t care what I do so long as I continue to shelter, clothe, feed, and provide experiences for our family. It’s difficult to express how liberating that kind of support is, but I’ll try with this: I love my wife.  (Taken from Remember the time I turned down that job at Google?)
I'm not one for large public displays of affection, but public displays of affection in writing are a little different.  Those, I like.

But anyway, about Blake . . .  I like that he makes time for his family and professes his love for them.  It's pretty cool.

So with that . . .  Happy birthday, Blake!


Thing I'm thankful for: hoodies and jackets and cardigans and clothing with sleeves.

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Good post Sara!

3:16 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Also, this post proves how forgiving and loving you are. Blake teased you relentlessly as a brother just 2 years older than you were.
Well done, Sara

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Blake said...

Thanks, Sara—for the post as well as forgiving my trespasses.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home