Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Case for Genetically-Modified Food

You could probably guess that I don't mind genetically-modified food.  In fact, I embrace it.  I hope food scientists persist in their research.  Why, you ask?  Rather than explain my position, I'll let the good folks over at Scientific American do that.*  With a short video, even.

What Is a Genetically Modified Food?


*I've been really into Scientific American lately.  It's because I picked up the August issue at the airport last month, and now I can't seem to get enough!



Thing I'm thankful for: pistachios and orange juice

2 Comments:

Blogger dallin+michelle said...

Absolutely fascinating! Good find my friend.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I'd actually be interested on a biologist's more in-depth take on this. I, too, am excited about genetic advances--but we don't have nearly the information we need to say anything conclusive. Like gene therapy--it has usually been more destructive than helpful. It's all so crazy. But I am grateful for opponents of GMOs that don't just jump on that bandwagon cause it's hip, but actually know what they're talking about...

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home