Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wake Up and Play with Me!!!

I was awakened this morning by my dad. He tapped me on the arm, and I think he said something about how cold it was. He loves cold weather and cold air conditioning and cold anything. He was chirping away about something else I can't remember, and I angrily thought, "I can't believe he woke me up! My alarm hasn't even gone off yet! Now I can't get back to sleep, and it's one of my only sleep-in days!"

This was a common occurrence in the Snow home. Every Saturday morning, my dad would make as much noise as possible to wake everyone up. He'd play oldies loudly in the kitchen, clean rooms adjacent to sleeping people, and vacuum in the hallway. I don't recall anyone ever liking it. We hated dad's Saturday morning routine, especially when we were teenagers and needed extra sleep.

I laughed to myself this morning, though, as I was getting ready for church. My dad is a "morning person," and when he gets up, he wants to play. He's like a three-year-old who wakes his parents up at 6:00 on a Saturday morning by opening their eyelids with his tiny fingers. Without words, he is saying, "Hey! Wake up! Come play with me!!!"

Ohhh, dad. I finally get it. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: blankets!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Hmmm...I recall this happening a lot in our house too :) One time my dad got up and steam cleaned all the rooms above my bedroom at 4:00am in the morning...genetic maybe?? ;)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why yes I usually clean my apartment at 5:30am on Saturdays. If I'm heading out early, I might wake up at 4am to clean. Sounds like I'd like your dad.

As for my dad, he wouldn't necessarily clean that early but he would get up early, study his scriptures, and go to work or do weekend yard work. He had the opinion that if you needed an alarm clock, you aren't getting enough sleep.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Summer said...

The best sound on Saturday mornings growing up was the sound of a wooden spoon hitting the bowl as Dad made pancakes while singing with the Beach Boys. YUM!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home