Thursday, January 26, 2012

Open Letter to UT Students

Dear fellow Longhorns,

You know the revolving door at the entrance to the library? Yeah, it's pretty great because it's really big; each section is big enough for two people, probably! It feels a bit luxurious, doesn't it?

If you don't mind, though, I'd like to enter those luxurious quadrants on my own. Unless I know you, I don't want to share them, and even then, you better be fairly certain that we're emotionally close enough to be so physically close. One quadrant -- however large -- is, under most circumstances, only big enough for one occupant. Besides, I need more room when I have my backpack on, which is all the time. You probably have a backpack on, too, and two people and two backpacks is a lot of of stuff!

So if you see me walk into that contraption and there's still time for you to jump in, don't. Resist the urge. It's sort of awkward and uncomfortable, and the nicer thing to do would be to wait for the next available space and help me push the door forward. Then there'll be plenty of space, and both of us will be benefit from the combined effort.


Thanks so much,
Sara

4 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

hahahahha you are funny Sara. You have boundaries, like dad!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Too bad only people who know you and are likey to be fairly emotionally close will read this.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

ha. i love it.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So stinkin' true. That's one of my pet peeves. Plus, if you're jumpy/paranoid like me and the person is behind you and you have your backpack on, you're constantly thinking, "Are they going to open my bag and jack my textbooks?!?" (Yes, probably an unfounded, unnecessary fear.)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home