Friday, December 30, 2011

Maycocks!

In my time in Atlanta, I was fortunate to become friends with three Maycocks, and tonight, I got to see them all in one place!


I met Emily first -- about 6 years ago. Emily is very tall and thin and beautiful. She is quiet, but not shy, and she is so, so smart. I miss her.


I met Walter next. The first time I met him, he had flopsy, curly hair, and all the girls in my YSA ward loved him for it. I didn't, though; I loved him for that navy and green shirt shown above.* (That's right; he wore it especially for me.) Like Emily, Walter is very tall and thin, but he looks just like his dad. He has perhaps the most interesting laugh I've ever heard. He is a slow-talker, but a fast thinker. I like Walter a lot.

*This picture is not the most flattering one of Walter, but it was the most flattering one of me. And since Walter nearly always looks good in pictures, I figured it was my turn.


I met Carrie when she came home from BYU for a summer. We didn't get to know each other very well, but then somehow we found each other through blogging. It's an online relationship I don't intend on ending any time soon. Carrie is shorter than Emily and Walter, but she is just as thin and attractive. She is so funny and caring, and from her blog, I can tell she is a very good mom. Her daughter has wonderfully chubby cheeks and bright eyes.

If I had to characterize the Maycocks in one sentence, I would say they remind me of Tolkien's elves. They are tall, smart, and beautiful, and everyone wants to be them.


Thing I'm thankful for: chocolate mint brownies and wassail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home