Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!


I had a birthday this week. My old housemates threw me a party a few days before; everyone mingled and ate dessert -- two of my favorite things. We had pie and mini-cheesecakes and chocolate truffles and chocolate oatmeal square thingies and flan and more pie. I probably had my entire caloric intake for the week in one night. Oh, well . . .

My friend Tony got me a pink cupcake holder (in the shape of a cupcake) in a pink polka-dotted bag. He also gave my pink Kitchenaid bowl back, so . . . since I happened to be wearing pink that day, we took a picture of all of it. All of the pink! Pink shirt, pink shoes, pink bag. Everything pink!

It was a happy day. People were so nice -- giving me flowers, a gift card to Cold Stone, balloons and streamers, cupcakes, lunch, dinner, a mix CD, and a guitar-shaped spatula. :) It was really nice. Ten months ago -- even six months ago -- I only had about three friends in Austin, and they were more like acquaintances. Now, I have lots of friends, and they are so good to me.

One other thing that made this birthday great was all the calls, texts, and Facebook wall posts of people wishing me a happy birthday. I know the best people. :)

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better day.


Thing I'm thankful for: time

1 Comments:

Anonymous Barry said...

First of all, you look really cute. Second, those are awesome shoes!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home