Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cult or No Cult? Whatever.

I don't really understand what all the hullabaloo is about. People have been calling The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints a cult for years; what's the big deal? I suppose it could be the fact that politics are involved this time. Votes are involved this time.

Still, I don't understand the fuss. People who think Mormons belong to a cult will probably still think that, despite attempts to correct the misconception. They were never going to support Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate, anyway. People who don't know what to think will ask questions. Perhaps it'll sway their support; perhaps it won't. It all smooths itself out in the end.

The plus side of this cult/no cult thing is that non-Mormons may just ask me questions about my church, and that is fun for me. I like talking about my faith. I get a kick from talking about it -- a real kick. I grew up in The Deep South after all; I've had lots of practice.


Thing I'm thankful for: non-cherry-flavored cough drops. Hallelujah!

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Great comments SA! are you feeling better?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sara, I always enjoyed our religious talks! You and Lex, me and Andrea...the Mormons and the Catholics in rural Georgia always led to insightful discussions.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jet said...

The office enjoyed this. Thanks. :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home