Thursday, September 01, 2011

Shortcut to Bonding: Talking on the Phone

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?

It should come as no surprise that I try to rehearse what I will say in conversation as much as possible. Why leave everything to chance? If I don't have solid topics of conversation in mind, I run a serious risk of saying something completely ridiculous. (Then again, I usually do that, anyway.)

The more interesting question for me here, though, is about whether I walk in circles when I'm on the phone. And the answer would be a yes. Yes, I do. If I'm talking to someone I know well, I sit back and relax and talk for hours, if necessary. But if I'm calling someone new or fairly new, I walk around the room I'm in, and I repeat that walking path over and over and over again. My favorite place to walk is in the living room, around a coffee table. It just never gets old.

Oh! And one more thing! I cannot easily multi-task when I'm on the phone. It's just phone or no-phone in my book.


Thing I'm thankful for: big words

2 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

hahhaha I know where you get that. Dad does it all the time. You are your fathers daughter!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Lyndel said...

I walk in circles when I'm on the phone too! Especially around the living room :)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home