Friday, August 19, 2011

I Can Never Live Alone

As I was getting ready for work today, I realized all my belts were in storage. (My stuff is in storage while I temporarily live with some girlfriends.) I was wearing tan slacks with a white blouse, and the outfit really needed a belt to look finished. So I did the only thing there was to do: I asked my roommate Carrie if she had a belt I could borrow.

The only thing she had that matched the ensemble, was a bright pink belt. Typically, I wouldn't wear such a bright color. I don't ever like drawing attention to myself, especially my body. But Carrie assured me that it looked good.

It was a hit! Throughout the day, people paid me compliment after compliment. And that's when I realized it: I could never live alone.

After my last apartment lease ended, I considered living alone. I thought about how nice it would be with so much time and space to myself. How much room there'd be in the kitchen for all of my baking supplies.

But no -- after today, I know I need another set of eyes to give me the okay on my clothes and shoes and jewelry. (On Sunday, all of my roommates helped me with my whole outfit.) All I can say is, my husband better be ready to answer questions about clothes and give advice about what looks good. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: clean, fluffy pillows!

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

AWWWW Sawa, you dont ever need to live alone! And, you know I love that you wore a PINK belt! I think you would have looked almost like Neapolatin ice cream in that outfit. Send a pic. Love YOU MOM I will have to help move on the weekends, now that I am in school MW 3-8pm. Or maybe Thurs Fri Sat. Let me know.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

haha. if your husband is anything like mine, you'll frequently walk out of the door looking like crap. because he'll tell you you look great. and he'll really mean it. what he really should say is "I think you look great." emphasis on the I. i have spent many days confidently feeling beautiful only to look in the mirror at 3 clock and realize i'm looking more homeless than anything else. :-)

so there you go. the nice guys can't be trusted. they'll see you through love colored glasses.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Clean, fluffy pillows are almost as good as clean, fluffy puppies.

Or kittens. I'm not picky.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home