Thursday, August 04, 2011

The Best of Disney

"What's your favorite Disney movie?"

That's a familiar question, right? Everyone asks it, and everyone has an answer. For years, I said mine was Sleeping Beauty, but I knew that wasn't exactly right. I really only loved it for three reasons: the main song, the baking/sewing scene, and the art direction. But I love the intro to 101 Dalmatians and the "We are Siamese" song in Lady and the Tramp. I also love the diamond mines in Snow White, the folksy Roger Miller soundtrack to Robin Hood, and the library in Beauty and the Beast.

If I had to say one, I would go with Tangled, but that's only a recent discovery. So I'm going to show some respect to the oldies-but-goodies, and post videos of some of my favorite scenes. I'll list the movie, the scene, and the minute mark in the video where you need to start watching.

Sleeping Beauty -- fairies baking and sewing
101 Dalmatians -- comparing people to their dogs; start at the 3:00 mark
Lady and the Tramp -- We are Siamese
Ratatouille -- Ego eats the ratatouille; 0:00-0:57*
Snow White -- Heigh-Ho, Whistle While You Work, the pie scene
Sword in the Stone -- cleaning the dishes with magic, packing with magic
Cinderella -- sewing the dress; 1:40 (especially 2:43)**
Robin Hood -- Sir Hiss; 0:20-0:45
Aladdin -- Losing to a rug

I know I'm forgetting some scenes, but that means you'll just have to comment and remind me!


*I know it's not really an "oldie" at this point, but it was too good to exclude.
**Incidentally, most of my favorite scenes involve cleaning and organizing and baking. Go figure. Every time I see the end of the nightingale song in Cinderella, I cringe. That floor is a mess! (dirty floor; 1:30)


Thing I'm thankful for: public storage!



3 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

I agree with most of the above movies as being the best; however, the following are worth mentioning:

Peter Pan - they had me at Pixie Dust. I don't know what it is about sparkly things, I just love it.

Secret of Nymh - for some reason I really liked this dark animation a lot.

You're forgetting your favorite movie as a child, "An American Tail."

Although it's not entirely an animation, "Mary Poppins" was a great one especially for the cleaning scene. I always wished I could snap my fingers and the job would be done. I have to admit, I also really like the scene where they're on the horses - I always thought her dress was so pretty.

I've come to the realization that my favorite movies as a child revolve around pretty dresses: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White (the trinity of animations if you ask me). Ha! Ha!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

But Lexi, An American Tail wasn't made by Disney! Neither was The Secret of Nimh! :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, I had a conversation about the 101 Dalmatians scene you're talking about yesterday. Synchronicity.

And I have to say that those are definitely all of my favorite scenes in those movies, too! Especially the "sewing the dress" scene in Cinderella. Zeb and I had a lengthy discussion about Gus Gus the other night.

I also really like the scene in Sleeping Beauty (my favorite Disney Movie) where Aurora's in the forest singing with the animals. There's just something about dancing with an owl and a squirrel that fascinates me.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home