Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tallulah Gorge, GA


Last weekend about 10 of my friends and I went camping at Tallulah Falls, GA. We went up there Friday evening and hiked the Gorge on Saturday. I haven't had so much fun in nature in a long time. It was great! Some of the highlights . . .
  1. Clay let me borrow his super-light and incredible camping gear.
  2. Jordan and Lina told me fun stories on the drive up there.
  3. Neal makes incredible camp food. I haven't eaten that well in a long time. The chicken was amazing. That's why I had it for dinner and breakfast.
  4. We stayed up until 2 in the morning talking around the campfire. Talking until the wee hours of the morning is my favorite thing.
  5. Hillary gave me a Cadbury egg.
  6. I snuggled up next to E. Rose during the night. I'm not a snuggler, but I needed to get warm, and at that moment, snuggling was a good thing. :)
  7. I got a slight tan -- very slight -- on my face.
  8. We played Bocce ball in the sand, which apparently is the best place for me to play it. I actually won one game and came in 2nd in another!
  9. We left just as it began to rain. Perfect timing!

And guess what? Even though I still don't have a digital camera, Jennifer does, and she took pictures! View all Tallulah pictures.


Thing I'm thankful for: modern toilets and plumbing. We definitely didn't have to "rough it" on this trip. Yesssss.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that an Oklahoma State shirt you're wearing? GO POKES!

Lawson

9:15 AM  
Blogger Leezy Lindsey said...

That looks like fun! You look really pretty in some of those pictures!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home