Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Yogurt and Granola

Before I go to bed for the night, I feel the need to blog. There're so many things I could write, but don't because I'd rather just write about mindless things lately . . .

So as I was trying to figure out what I'd write, I decided to get a cupful of my favorite snack: Lowfat Kroger Vanilla Yogurt mixed with Kroger Granola, sans raisins. I used to alternate the layers with yogurt on the bottom, then granola, then yogurt, then granola -- a yogurt/granola parfait, if you will. For the last several weeks, though, I've just been mixing it all together outright. I can never really get enough. I like it better than . . . dare I say it? Chocolate! I know, I know -- what's the world coming to? But I can honestly say I'd rather have my vanilla yogurt and granola concoction than any candy bar.

And this gets me thinking about some of my new favorite things -- the things that bring me absolute delight and make me love this world. They are the things that allow me to zone out and focus solely on them instead of my problems:
  • Drumming (I wish I could be awesome at it!)
  • Rockclimbing (Who knew, right? Little ol' un-sporty me.)
  • Hosting parties
  • Exercising on elliptical machines
  • Driving
I love my life. I love my family and my friends and all of the neat things that I've been able to do lately. Life is good. :)

What about you? What are some of the things you do that make you forget about the stressors in life? What do you delight in?


Thing I'm thankful for: my navy blue Gap sweatshirt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

Shouldn't the title of this post be Yogurt and Granola?

11:22 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ha ha! Yeah, what was I thinking?!?

11:40 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

You weren't.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

What WAS the title before you changed it to Yogurt and Granola?

And to answer your question:

writing makes me forget everything but the story.

Exercise is awesome, huh?

And Nina Simone.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home