Thursday, April 26, 2007

Scent Shopping

You know those girls who walk past you and have an incredible smell all around them? I always wanted to be one of those girls. I wanted to have my own smell. Scents don't really stick to me, though. I mean, I don't stink; I just don't smell good. I'm neutral or something.

So I was discussing this with my friend Amanda, and she said I just had to pick the right scent for me. She claimed she had helped other friends out with this before, so I took her up on her offer to go scent shopping with me on Saturday.

She knew just the scents I'd like. She sprayed some samples for me at Sephora; I chose the ones I liked; and I sprayed the 4 I liked the best on my forearms. We then shopped for a while, so that I could smell the scents for a while to determine which one I liked best. (Amanda tried to get me a lower-cut shirt to show off my clavicles. She was not successful.)

Well, I finally decided on Nanette Lepore. I'm starting to re-think that choice, though. It might be a little too . . . baby powdery??? Plus, I'd like to try Hugo for women or Hugo Purple.* We'll see what happens . . .

This is what the Nanette Lepore 30 ml bottle looks like:


I'd like to point out that this is a total mess of a perfume bottle. You can definitely tell it's the product of a designer and not a usability engineer . . . So I wrote the company and told them so. I doubt my measley little e-mail will change the look of an entire designer fragrance line, but here's to hoping . . . And smelling good!

* More on the Hugo brand later . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: Amanda's scent-shopping skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve Jones said...

I LOVE buying scents... I'm not very good at it since they discontinued "MY" scent... so I have like 5 now... BUt funfunfun :) I always wanted to be that girl too. ;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Sara, I am the same way. I don't have a smell. I know you think I do, but I want a scent. It is so hard to find good perfumes!

Low cut shirts that "show off my clavicles", on the other hand... I have plenty of those!!!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, me too. And I positively HATE perfume counters. I get a headache from that mix of smells and trying a bunch of strong, sweet ones and then finding one decent somewhat bitter (does that work for scents) that I like... I like flowery, but just not sweet or vanilla-y or "baby-powder-y." I'm just not at all girly in some ways. Wish I were more so sometimes.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies, all of us could be a bit more girly! That includes us mens too! Sara you know what I think about the shirts!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home