Monday, May 15, 2006

Color Me Cool

A few people have asked where my makeover pictures are. So let me just say that all of the girls looked really good that night because all of the girls there can get by with warm color tones. I, on the other hand, cannot. I've never looked good in orangey-reds, golden browns, or tan. Let me give you some examples.

I don't look good in the first set of colors. I do look good in the second set of colors.














Can you see the difference? Basically, I don't look good in any colors in which red is the base. It has to be a blue base! Makeup artists usually don't notice this about me. Even when I say, "Hey, I'm a cool-colored person -- no bright reds or tan, okay?" -- they still say, "I'm gonna go with coppers and purple."

Copper? Did she just say copper? Whatever -- do what you want. At least you're not prepping me for a date . . .

And that's what happened on Thursday. The Mary Kay lady did have a nice way of putting on eye shadow, but the colors were so wrong for me that I looked like I had a black eye. Even my mom told me it looked bad when I got home.

So. There are no pictures of me on here because I just don't want you wondering why I look like I got in a fight that night . . .

Thing I'm thankful for: my mom's intrinsic knowledge of color theory and her foresight to share it with me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to study that book for hours. Color me beatiful? More like color me perfect!!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Mary Kay has never done me right with eye shadows. I always come off looking like a clown...or sometimes even worse! But it's good to know that they do good too. I'm sorry your's didn't turn out great...but if you ever want to get it done, I will go to MAC with you. They always do a great job! But I think the I'm the same color thing as you...namely cuz I don't like coppers and such. I think I look haggardly in them.

I'm gonna stop rambling now ;)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey, which am I, Sara? Cool or Warm?

3:26 PM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Practically our whole family is on the COOL color side! MOM Snow (plus we wouldn't want to be on the Un cool side hahahahah)

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM,
That was Hella funny! I see where I get my whit, charm, beauty, and humbleness. :o)

Lauren,
You are totally warm. You look good in mustard yellows, orange-reds, browns, etc. You have less pink tones in your skin and tan fairly easily. Also, you have a reddish tint in your hair (which I believe is another indicator of a warm base). Ahhh...I love color.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yes, I agree with Lexia there -- Mom, you are really funny, and Lauren, you're warm. I don't know if I know anyone else who can pull orangey tan off so well . . .

6:40 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Okay. That settles it. I'm warm.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home