Friday, July 01, 2005

"These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"

Okay. I didn't know how many times this song had been covered. I don't even know who the original artist is. Loretta Lynn? I guess I could research it . . . No. No, in my 2-minute Google search, I could not find out who the original artist is. But it has been re-made by Nancy Sinatra and Geri Halliwell, among others. The latest version is sung by Jessica Simpson, who, strangely enough, has a Jewell-esque kind of voice in this song (I'm referring to the latest tones from Jewell, which were kind of hip-hop?!?). Anyway, I've heard Simpson's version on the radio twice, and although it's not nearly as good as Loretta Lynn or Nancy Sinatra, it does have kind of a good beat. Her video, so I read, is quite raunchy; I'll stick to the radio . . . To hear a sample, click here. To hear older versions, click here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was pleased to hear this Sara! I just want to make it perfectly clear that it is ok to like artists like Jessica Simpson, Jewel (in her later years) and i must add... Britney Spears!! Congratulations on your confession!!! Now listen freely!!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home