Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Holiday Movies, Pt. 2


Google has several laundromats on campus -- they even provide the soap! However. They use energy-efficient and environmentally friendly washers and dryers. Now, I know I should like that, but . . . My clothes just don't end up coming out of the wash quite as clean or wonderful-smelling when I do my laundry there. So I prefer to use my neighborhood laundromat. It's always clean and fairly reasonable in price. Also, it has a TV.

Tonight, as I'm sitting here waiting for my clothes to get clean, A Charlie Brown Christmas came on, and I was mesmerized. What a perfect little movie. I love it so much, and since I was sitting there not really doing anything, I decided to search my blog for that post I once wrote about my favorite Christmas movies. Here it is: Holiday Movies.

Guess what? "A Charlie Brown Christmas" didn't make the cut! How could that be?!?

I realized I had never really watched it until 2007. I don't know why . . . I suppose it's because I didn't grow up on it. I don't remember my parents ever watching it; that's for sure. By the time I was in my mid-twenties, though, I developed a small love for jazz, and I had two little nieces who loved cartoons. So one quiet evening around Christmas 2007, I bought a cheap copy at Target and watched it all alone. I remember laying on the couch and wondering how such a movie could've escaped my attention up to such a late point in life.

Just think about Lucy going on and on about life's various phobias. Think about Sally's funny Christmas list. Think about Snoopy's weird personality, and think about Linus's little voice saying, "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." It just never gets old.

So. Where would I put this in the order of holiday things? I guess I'd say it's after "It's a Wonderful Life," but before all the others. It's no. 2.


Thing I'm thankful for: visitors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home