Thursday, November 06, 2014

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

Yeah, that's right. I've been listening to Christmas music. In fact, I listened to it on my way home from the haunted house I went to on Halloween. And double in fact, I listened to it a few weeks ago, when I was feeling particularly lonely.

I thought, "Huh. I wonder if 23-year-old me had anything to say on the matter. I'll take a look at the ol' blog."

I expected to see a passionately opinionated post about how people should not be listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving; after all, I was fairly black-and-white in my younger years. (Aren't we all?) But I surprised myself. Check this out: Christmas Before Thanksgiving.

Everything I said then is what I want to say now. That is, Christmas should be celebrated as much as possible throughout the year. I don't think it makes the actual holiday any less special, and if it does, that's . . . That's kinda strange to me, actually.*


*People say the same thing about Girl Scout Cookies. Like this: "If they sold Girl Scout Cookies year-round, then they wouldn't be as special." Here's what I say to that: "If they sold Girl Scout Cookies year-round, then I would be able to eat them year-round!" Special or not, they would still be as delicious as ever.


Thing I'm thankful for: the musical stylings of Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Andy Williams. I can never decide which one is my favorite. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyndel said...

Your comments about girl scout cookies made me laugh. And made me want a thin mint real bad. Miss you :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Lyndel! Miss you!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yep! I open Christmas music season at our house on Sept 1 although we try not to abuse it till Nov. I even put up some Christmas decorations already this year (Brooks commented on them :) because I was sad. My boys are already begging for the tree. I know that some people disagree but I think there is room for both types :) Don't forget Perry Como :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home