Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pedernales Falls

Texas is not all flat and dry; there is lush foliage in some areas, and luckily, those areas happen to be almost in the dead center of the state, where I live.  (I have a fortunate life.)

About a month ago, some friends and I celebrated another friend's birthday by camping at Pedernales Falls State Park.  (In Texan, you say "Per-der-nal-iss," not "Ped-er-nall-iss."  Gosh.  Get it right!)  It's such a beautiful place, and I can't wait to go back, when the weather gets really hot!  Here, look at the loveliness that is Central Texas:



Who doesn't love a good twisted tree???


Here is where we swam.  (Or watched other people swim.)  The shore isn't just dirt, though; it feels more like a beach, with sand and everything!


Bottom line:  If you're in Central Texas, take a drive to Pedernales.  Pack a picnic lunch and eat it on the beach after you go for a swim.  It's lovely.


Thing I'm thankful for: hearing the UT Tower bells peal while I walk around campus

3 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

OHHHHH PRetty! I want to go there with the fam in July!
You are becoming such an adventure girl! Love YOU Chickadee, MOM

4:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yay! One of my favorite state parks! We saw a water moccasin there once :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

nice pics

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home