Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Whistling

I practiced whistling all morning, and guess what?!?  I was able to do it just a little bit!  I mean, I'm not incredible, but it's a far cry from what I was able to do yesterday.  Or the day before that or the day before that!

I've wanted to whistle my whole life.  My dad is a whistler.  He walks around the house whistling a lot, especially on Saturday mornings.  I think whistling must indicate happiness because he loves waking up early on Saturdays and completing chores.  He especially loves when other people are up early with him.  That's when he whistles the loudest.

Anyway, I always thought that was a neat skill to have.  (Or is it a talent?)  I love listening to people whistle.

Last year, a friend introduced me to this whistling kind of song, and I wanted to learn it:



So that's what I practiced this morning.  And I will keep practicing.  We'll see what happens.


Thing I'm thankful for: my Nalgene water bottle!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Alice said...

My dad is an amazing whistler, but I'm afraid that I did not inherit that trait. (And I've tried practicing. Alas!)

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home