Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Some Silverstein

Who doesn't love a good Shel Silverstein poem, eh? Here are a couple to start off your day! ;)

A funny one:
My beard grows down to my toes,
I never wears no clothes,
I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
And down the road I goes.

An inspiring one:
Listen to the MUSN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.

Thing I'm thankful for: good phone conversation

5 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

another favorite of mine:

Thee Meehoo with an Exactlywatt

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?
That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!
What's what you want to know?
Me, WHO?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!
Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!
That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt!
Exactly WHAT?
Yes!
Yes what?
Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - thta's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!

GO AWAY!

Knock Knock...

9:23 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

another - a sad one

Masks
She had blue skin,
And so did he.
He kept it hid
And so did she.
They searched for blue
Their whole life through,
Then passed right by-
And never knew.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I totally thought you were saying that the first poem was by Keats. I was confused and a little concerned.

11:05 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

You know Grandma McCray hated that Shell Silverstein book! hahaha

11:19 AM  
Blogger dallin+michelle said...

oh just what are the odds! i was shopping at TJMAXX (my favorite of all time) just the other day and stumbled upon a Silverstein book and almost got it... unfortunately i talked myself out of it for budgeting reasons, but now i may go back and get it. more than the poetry though, i LOVE the drawings. they are so classic and simple. simple pen and ink. and books are my favorite decoration piece anyway.... how's that for justification! ha! phoebe and hollis need a piece of my childhood too right :)

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home