Monday, February 20, 2012

Get Candy?

I bought a candy bar tonight on a whim. I wanted something sweet, and the thing that really appealed to me at that particular moment was a Snickers. I was excited to eat it, since it would be the first candy bar I would have eaten since Christmas, and even then, I only ate a few miniature Kit-Kats. Before then, I don't know when the last time was that I had a candy bar. I didn't even have one on or near Halloween.

I will admit, I have had my fair share of candy in the last few months. I ate lots of M&Ms, lots of Junior Mints, and lots of York Peppermint Patties. But candy bars? The big chunks of chocolate around 250+ calories a pop? I hadn't had one in so long!

What happened when I bit into the Snickers? Not much. It was a huge let-down, in fact. I was surprised it wasn't as good as I was expecting. That's when I decided I'm not eating candy bars again. I will only let myself have the "Fun Size" bars, and I will only eat them very occasionally. See, I learned something about myself after all these years: The expectation of candy is more appealing than the actual candy itself.* Unless mint or peanuts are involved in the candy experience, I really don't need to waste the calories.

*This does not include baked goodies, such as homemade cookies. Those are almost always worth the calories. Especially when they come from my kitchen, if I do say so myself.


Thing I'm thankful for: my seester. Lexi, I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

Sensible, Sweet Sara! Love MOM

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home