Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Forgotten Carols

Since I'm on the topic of Christmas music, I have something else to say. That is, I don't like The Forgotten Carols. I know that's probably shocking to a lot of Christians out there, but it's true.

It wasn't until last year that I even knew what they were. People at church gushed about them, and my friend Rob played them in his car seemingly nonstop. "Listen to Joseph's song," he'd say excitedly. He loved Joseph's song. I tried to get into it, and maybe I even said it was good. But . . . I lied. Or maybe I didn't lie because they are good songs to a lot of people, just not to me. I don't feel anything close to excitement when I listen to Michael McLean's ideas of what he thinks the innkeeper's, the shepherd's, or Joseph's carols are.

Perhaps it's the broadway-like style of the music that I don't like. That talk-sing stuff. I like the standard Christmas fare that everyone is born knowing the words to. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: Pandora Christmas stations at work!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Amen!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, good. I was worried when I saw your title. (I'd also prefer they had stayed forgotten.)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Not a fan either... but support those who are :)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home