Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh, Atlanta Airport -- How I've Missed You!


Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest airport in the entire world. In 2010, it accommodated 89 million passengers and nearly one million flights. (The second busiest airport is Beijing Capital International Airport. In 2010, it accommodated a measly 74 million passengers.)

You would think this airport would be inefficient. You would think it takes forever to get through security or to get to the right terminal. You would think it would be confusing to find your ride at the curbside pickup. You would be wrong.

Not only is the Atlanta Airport efficient, it's welcoming, too. The photo collage shown above greets every passenger who visits Atlanta. It captures the images of children at play in Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta. I love it. I look forward to seeing it every time I land in my beloved "Jaw-juh." It's good to be home.


Thing I'm thankful for: Nikki! And Carrie! And Mike's bread!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

1. Glad you're back in the ATL.
2. I, too, LOVE the airport. I am reminded every time we travel to another airport how wonderful (and yes, so efficient and organized) ATL is in comparison. I've commented so many times to Senor, "How is it that ATL is the busiest airport and yet the most efficient and useful/friendly one out there?! Why can these other less busy airports not keep up? You'd think it'd be so easy!! GEEZ!"...usually mentioned while waiting 5 hours in security at an airport with 5 flights a day or something. =) Enjoy being back in Georgia!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:54 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

I, too, love the ATL airport! So much so, when I landed in San Antonio for the first time in 2010, I cried. Literally, cried. It was old and not welcoming and I didn't want to be there. Didn't want to be in San Antonio either. One woman even asked me, are you ok? Little did she know, much of it was the airport. Disgusting, besides my emotional state at having to move there, away from my lovely ATL airport and GA home. Nice post, with pics. MOMMA

9:56 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i'm with you 100%. i love this post. and the atl airport.

ps- this is sad but true and even though it's embarrassing, i'll tell you anyways. anytime i see you write "carrie" it makes my heart skip a beat. but then i realize it's not me... and y'know what? i'm okay with that. you can have a more prevalent carrie in your life.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home