Saturday, March 12, 2011

Texas Just Got Better


Before you can understand the positive, I have to explain the negative.

H-E-B is a large grocery chain in Texas. You might think it's pronounced "heb." It's not. It's pronounced like an acronym: "H-E-B." It stands for "Here everything's better." (No, they don't include a comma after "here." Pfhh.) In my two months of living here, I have found that at H-E-B, not everything is better. In fact, the produce section at my neighborhood H-E-B is terrible. Most of it is ugly and overripe. I had reconciled myself to shopping there, thinking that maybe I was just spoiled from the Kosher Kroger in Atlanta. :/

And then . . .

And then Holly told me about Randall's. I thought Whole Foods was my only other grocery option, and I didn't want to shop there on a regular basis because as we all know, it's rather pricey. Lo and behold, there is another option! Randall's is just what I was looking for! It's super-clean! It has appetizing produce! It has my favorite type of shredded wheat cereal! It has free recipe cards! (I snagged about 50 of them!) It has track lighting and polished floors!

I signed up for a Randall's card immediately.


Thing I'm thankful for: Skype dates

2 Comments:

Anonymous Clint said...

Skype date, huh? I think most people's double dates have four people, not three. Scandal.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

UM, do you have an HEB Central Market?! There was one of those in Houston and it was my favorite place in the world to shop. I miss it. In fact, it's one of the only things I miss about Texas. It's like a Whole Foods but less $$...oh if you have one, you MUST try it out!! Regular HEB is boring and I always found Randalls to be a snore too. My local Super Kroger and Central Market were my go-to for yummy produce and good selections...good luck my friend!!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home