Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fresh Flowers


I read somewhere once that someone wanted to be rich enough to be able to buy a new bar of soap every time the brand letters had disappeared from the soap's face. I thought that was a good idea, but I couldn't steal it . . . So I've wondered for the last couple of years what my luxury would be. Early this year, I figured it out.

Kroger was having a sale on fresh flowers, so I bought a bouquet. As soon as I brought the flowers home and put them on the table, I knew that's what my luxury would be. I didn't know how much I love flowers until this year. They can make me even happier when I'm cheerful, and they can be a nice pick-me-up when I'm lonely or blue. They also make my apartment feel more like a home.

Unfortunately, flowers are quite costly, but I like to get them for myself every once in a while . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: birthday dinners for friends.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I lurve fresh flowers and I'm going to jump on your luxury bandwagon. If I could have fresh cut flowers every week, I certainly would.

P.S. My security word was "bentspar". I thought it was a good one.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Pumba said...

Sara, I am so the same way. I love flowers and they are the one thing that I will splurge on! Have a great time in Utah.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Em T said...

Hmm, I don't know what I would splurge on. It would probably be something like keeping Good Cheese stocked. Not that kroger cheddar isn't lovely....

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I have started buying myself flowers because of this post. I buy the clearance flowers for $5. They only last for about 5 days, but they are still pretty!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home