Friday, September 05, 2008

Did You Miss Me?

Hi, readers. (If there are any of you left!)

It's been over two months since I last blogged, and before that, my postings were still pretty sporadic. I've thought about things I wanted to blog about; I even took tons of pictures of nearly every event or party or interesting thing I've attended -- all with an eye of posting them on "Busy Nothings" for you. I guess I'm out of the writing habit, and I when it comes right down to it, I just didn't feel like sharing my thoughts. I miss writing, though, and blogging regularly forces me to write and write creatively. So I'm trying. Again.

Here are some of the things that have changed since I last wrote on here:
  1. Baby Jordyn was born. I love her. I love the intense faces she makes. I'd say the most common face I've seen her make is her thinking face. She often looks like she is thinking really hard. I can't wait until she can talk and tell us all what's going through her head.

  2. Lily turned 7. Wow. Has it been 7 years, really? Seven years ago, I was a sophomore in college. I was studying for a Biology II lab test the night Lily was being born. I was planning on being a surgeon or a medical illustrator or an endocrinologist.

  3. I quit working at CDC and started a new job at Habitat for Humanity. I don't quite know how to put my feelings about the switch into words. I'm happy at Habitat -- everyone is extremely nice and low-key, spiritually-minded, and family-oriented. It's a bit strange to start a new job, though; I'm still learning my roles and responsibilities and getting used to the fact that I am no longer a Web developer by profession. Oh, HTML, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say, "I miss you!" I miss communicating technical development information to non-technical people and vice versa. I miss working with so many hardcore programmers. I miss MLA format. AP stinks. It's good, however, to be doing something new. I like what I do. I like the organization. I like my boss and my team. I like listening to NPR on my long way to work in the morning.

  4. My old roommate got married. Yep, Jackie now has a guy for a roommate. I miss her. The wedding was in Washington, D.C., and it was lovely. Congratulations, Jackie! I miss you!

  5. My new roommate moved in. Michelle is a tricky Irishwoman. She cheats at cards, and I know not what! She sings and laughs and jumps on my bed. She's carefree and just as busy as I am, so we spend a lot of time not seeing each other. Sometimes we have really long, meaningful chats, though, and I really like talking to her. She's also been my specimen of Irish accent study. I can now speak with an Irish accent. Who knows what's next? Scottish? Which leads me to my next number.

  6. Lauren moved to Scotland to be a nanny. For four months. Although she probably doesn't know it, I miss her, too. She's meant to explore, though, and I hope she has fun.

Other than those six things, tons of other stuff has happened, too -- some good and some not so good. Something I've learned in the last two months is that I've got to slow down. I've got to get organized, and I've got to get more sleep. I'd say I've learned more in the last year of my life than I have since I learned how to read at age four. The biggest lesson is probably that I know I can't live life by myself, and I know we're not meant to be alone. That is, God is very good to me. I have an extremely blessed life, despite the ignorant things I do to muck it up. And the incredible thing to me is that not only does God want us to know that we need Him, he also wants us to know that we need at least one other person in this world to help us when we're down, and that's why he started the world off in pairs. I guess John Donne was right: No man is an island.

And so.

Thing I am thankful for: people. Particularly my future husband. :)


P.S. I'll post pictures when I get around to it. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My future husband" implies you have a rapidly developing relationship. Is that the case, or are you just being a hopeless romantic?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Hey! I made the list! Awesome.

Yeah, we did/do miss you. And not just in the blog-o-sphere.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

No, no rapidly developing relationship -- just a greater understanding of marriage and what it means to have a celestial marriage, I guess. I've just been thinking a lot about family and why it's so important to make your own.

Hopeless romantic? I dunno. I guess I am a hopeful romantic. Which I think is a good thing. :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

Sara, so good to hear updated info on your life. I miss everyone there so much!

3:02 PM  
Blogger jet said...

Yeah! The silence is broken! :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Keely & Joel said...

Sara, I love your posts! Keep them comming!

Miss you.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home