Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Milk and Adoption

Well, friends, it's high time I write on this here blog. I've been thinking about it for a while . . . I wanted to go back a couple months and post all the pictures I haven't posted yet, and the thought of how long that would take is part of the reason I haven't even looked at Blogger.

So I'm just going to start fresh (and I might post old pictures once in a while). Here's to you, Lyndel!

I'm going to begin with two thoughts I've had recently -- one involves milk and the other involves my stance on adoption:

Milk -- Despite my lifelong love for 2% milk, I've decided to work my way down to skim. It's healthier, plain and simple. I'm on 1% milk right now, and I didn't think it was going to be that bad. Come to think of it, though, I felt like the cereal that I had for dinner tonight didn't taste quite right. I now think it was the milk, not the cereal. Oh well. I'll let you guys know how my milk tastes are progressing . . .

Adoption -- I've always had a fear that I won't be able to have lots of kids; maybe it's because I want them so much. I don't just want a few; I want a lot! So I decided that if, for some reason, I could only have one or two biological children, I would adopt more! Lots of people might just pour all they've got into those two children, but I think I'd rather give lots of children something, than a few children a lot. I know adoption is expensive, but if my husband and I have the money, I'm going to do my best to persuade him to adopt.


And that's all for now -- it's probably not the most exhilarating post, but it's a start.


Thing I'm thankful for: mangoes.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

Look at you, you skinny, skim drinker. You can do it! Just stick it out.

Nice to have you back Sara!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lyndel said...

you made my day sara... i couldn't get through these long nights at work without your pearls of wisdom :)

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A perfect Mother for one or 10 kids who will raise them on (gasp) skim milk! I lucked out when I won the lottery in heaven and got you as a daughter.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Heather S. said...

okay... suggestion if you don't already do this. Organic 1% Milk is AWESOME. Seriously. I have converted quite a few. Tastes SO much better than regular "pasturized" milk and is a lot better for you. I say don't go to skim, stick with 1%. live a little. :)
-OH YAH, It's about time you blogged lady! We missed you!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Two of my thoughts:

Milk - you think that's hard? Try going from milk to soy...YUCK! And that vanilla soy is a joke - people are just fooling themselves when they say they like it. I'd rather have bowel issues than drink it!

Adoption - That is exactly why I think you'll be the wife of a prophet one day.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW, SA, YOu are totally awesome.
I know you want kids, and you will have them. Don't worry so. But great that you think of all the poor little orphans in the world. Guess I started you on ANNIE a bit young, eh? Seriously, Dad and I did hit the jackpot with you as our daughter! YOU KNOW who. Miss Catee.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home