Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sleep is for Babies

I babysat tonight. At about 8:30, it was time to put the baby to sleep. He didn't want me to leave him alone in his crib, so I held him for a while. I tried to put him down a second time, and he cried loudly again. So I picked him up and rocked him a bit more. I put him in the crib the third and final time and patted his back for a little while. He still wasn't asleep when I decided it was time to leave him alone, but thankfully he didn't cry when I left.

As I was walking out of his room, I thought, "Gosh, he needs to just quit fighting it and GO TO SLEEP! I know he's tired . . ." And then I chuckled a bit to myself because I'm 26, and I still fight sleep. I'm tired, but I fight it.

Why do I do that? Why do humans do that? I dunno; maybe I have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS). Any thoughts???


Thing I'm thankful for: Cold rain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacki said...

Very interesting! Brooks does this same thing. He just can't fall asleep in the PM hours. He says it is too early even if he is exhausted.

We all need sleep! Baby or not, our bodies aren't that different.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I also like it when you pat my back when I can't sleep. You're gonna be a great mom.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home