Monday, July 31, 2006

Huh.

I'm not writing this post out of vanity, I just thought it was an interesting follow up to my Look-Alikes post.

A few days after I wrote that entry, I was in Wolf Camera picking up some newly developed photos. I had asked the cashier about digital cameras, and we had a very short conversation. Just before I left, I said, "You know, you remind me of someone famous, but I can't think of who it is." Then she said, "It's funny you say that because I was just thinking about how you sounded like someone famous -- she just had that baby Apple . . . Gwyneth Paltrow."

Huh. That's funny, huh? I'm positive about the resemblance now. It's not the looks; it's my voice. Very nasal. I think I'd be good at Portuguese.

As a side note, yesterday at church a guy told me I looked like Drew Barrymore. Uh, that's a new one. I really don't think I look like her at all. I think people often see my colorin' (pale skin, blonde hair) and immediately link me to people with pale skin and blonde hair, without really seeing face shape and features. But I guess I do it, too.

Thing I'm thankful for: leftovers. They have taken on new meaning in my working world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

How weird--it really does seem to happen to you a lot! How do people come up with all that? Does it ever bother you? Douglas said once he really doesn't like being told he looks like someone else or reminds you of someone else (besides his twin, of course) and that he never does that to other people. I've thought about that some and have decided I'm glad it doesn't happen to me very often. How do you interpret that people always see those resemblances? Maybe they're trying to tell you, you should be a movie star?

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should go into radio or do voice-overs? Apparently you have a famous-sounding voice. Or maybe Yvonne is right: maybe you need to look into a job in the moving pictures industry?

I liked being compared to Daniel Radcliffe. To Elijah Wood, not so much. I like him as an actor, and he's not bad looking--I just don't see the resemblance.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yvonne: It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I like finding those resemblances between other people, too. So I tell a lot of people that they look like . . .

Hm, yes, I've often thought I could be an actress. But I suppose a lot of girls think that. If I could do voice-overs in other accents, I might do that -- but I wouldn't ever want to talk in my regular voice.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home