Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Favorite Cereal


Until Saturday night, I thought my favorite cereal was Life. I love it. I have a bowl of it every morning.

Sometimes, though, I thought about a cereal I used to eat when I was little. I couldn't ever remember the name of it. All I knew was that it was round with little pieces of something in the middle, and there was promotional stuff on the box once when the movie "Willow" came out. So in my head, I have always thought of it as "Willow" cereal, and I thought the cereal ended when the movie had gone to video or something. Weird, I know, but sometimes there isn't another way to explain faint childhood memories.

So Saturday night, Clay and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Mother's Day baking ingredients, and we ended up in the cereal aisle. Clay was pointing out the good cereals -- Cinnamon Life, something else, something else, and Oh's. I looked at the Oh's box and thought, "Oh! Oh's!!! That's the "Willow" cereal! I never knew!" I hesitated a little about buying it -- what if it didn't taste as great as I thought it would? But I got it anyway.

I had a bowl as soon as we got home. It was WONDERFUL! It kind of tastes like Cap'n Crunch to me -- Cap'n Crunch with more substance and without that waxy feeling. It was so good, and although it scratches my gums a little more than I'd like, I'm going to say it's my favorite.

What's YOUR favorite cereal, readers?

Thing I'm thankful for: two very good bosses.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I love Oh's too. I have to say that I don't eat cereal that much however. But last week I got a sudden craving for it, specifically cereal that I ate a lot as a kid. I bought Cookie Crisps and Lucky Charms. Another favorite is Cocoa Puffs. Now I'm wondering why I don't eat more cereal...
Karmelle

8:19 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Mmm. I like
1.) Mueslix (did I spell that right?)
2.) Honey Bunches of Oats and
3.) Honey-Nut Cheerios.

9:57 AM  
Blogger SoSoSteph said...

My favorite is also my favorite as a child and that is -
Honey Nut Cheerios

it has gotten rather expensive in my old age so I always buy the REALLY small box and try only to eat it for a late night snack when nothing else will soothe the tiger.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm....Lucky Charms!! and Smart Start!! Those are my two favs! Andrea introduced me to the joys of Smart Start and Lucky Charms have been there for me through good times and bad!! I love 'em!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Mueslix, definetely. I also like most cereals with nuts and dried fruits in them.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Captain Crunch. Always have. Always will. I also use to like Cocoa Puffs but I ate them everyday while I was pregnant so now it makes me sick to even look at those things!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was little, I loved Grape Nuts. Why was it called that? When we were able to have sugar cereal, I always wanted Apple Jax. Now that I'm older, I like Quaker Oat squares. I'm not sure if that's the name of them. I'm definitely going to try Oh's!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ezra said...

I love all cereals, really. Golden Grahams is up there though as one of my favorites.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh yes, like Lexia, I love Quaker Squares. Those are good!!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home