Monday, April 24, 2006

Sometimes You Just Need a Little Beastie Boys

My brother Blake and sister Lexia were always the ones in the family who rocked out to the Beastie Boys. I liked them okay, but I definitely didn't know most of the lyrics.

Well, today I got out some of my Beastie Boys CD's and discovered something about myself. That is, I really like to listen to Ill Communication. I know, I know. Cussing? Yeah, but most of the time I don't notice it, and if I do, I usually change the song. I really like the instrumental stuff. Now I'm getting off topic, though, because what I wanted to say was that their music gets me real pumped. It makes me feel tough. So, for example, I like to listen to "Sabotage" when I'm frustrated with someone or something. I like to listen to "Flute Loop" when I'm happy, of course. And I like to listen to "Sabrosa" when I'm going to a social function and need to feel cool . . . :)

Anyway, I listened to the CD today, and I think it helped me have a better day. Thanks, Beastie Boys! (Hey, that reminds me -- I've always wondered if they're name was in any way related to Lord of the Flies . . .)

Update: No, no relation to the novel. "Beastie" is actually used as an acronym that stands for -- are you ready for this? Boys Entering Anarchist States Towards Inner Excellence

Thing I'm thankful for: spending so much time outside today. It was fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Ahhh, love those boys.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You know what? I was in a pretty blah mood this morning on my way to school. And I was listening to this compilation I made. I drove for twenty minutes without blinking or singing along or being coherent. Then "Open Letter to NYC" came on and I started rappin' like a crazy person.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home