Saturday, April 22, 2006

I'm a Published Author!


Well. I'm not really a published author. Because the book is just a compilation of all the final research papers of my senior seminar class at UWG. It's not like I had a bigshot publisher fund the printing. I paid for my own copy. Still, it kind of gives me a thrill to see my words in print.

Senior seminar is (ideally) the pinnacle of an English major's academic career. The paper you write in that class should be the best you've written. I don't know if mine was, but I like what I wrote about -- Lord of the Flies, one of my favorite books. Here's the title: "Why It's No Go": Sacrificial Victimage in Lord of the Flies.

Pretty cool, huh? I would at least scan and paste an image of the first page of my paper on here, just so you could see what it looked like and what the thesis is. But that would require creasing the spine, and my OCD just won't allow for that. (Nevermind, I just turned the title of my paper into a link, so click on it to read my 16-page paper!)

Thing I'm thankful for: pouring rain followed by a beautiful, sunny -- but not hot -- day. I feel like frolicking . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just copy and paste the actual paper in a post? Or at least email me a copy of it.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yeah. I want to read it, too. You can't just put that up there and say, "Oh, but sorry. You can't read it." Not fair.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Okay, okay. I'll post it, but it'll be long. And probably not great. Good, but not great.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home