Sunday, April 16, 2006

Justified

Confession: Whenever I hear "Like I Love You" on the radio, I listen to it. That's right -- it's a Justin Timberlake song. But I laugh and laugh when it's playing because I think of my brother Blake doing his best Timberlake impersonation.

This is Justin Timberlake: This is Blake:

Blake is tall and thin, and he has blond, curly hair. A couple of Christmases ago, he got a goose-down vest from GAP. He put it on over his t-shirt and started singing and dancing just like Justin! It was such a good show! I loved it!

And so when I hear that song, I think of my brother who lives far away.

What associations do you have for people who are close to you?

Thing I'm thankful for: nice people.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lexia said...

I just spent about an hour watching Justin Timberlake videos because you provided the link. It's 6:30 AM, I should be working on my thesis, but instead I'm watching Justin make sure he hits on every woman in the world. The only girl he missed was me.

5:37 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Hmm... I'll quit waiting for everyone else to go first on the associations.

To keep it quick and to the look alike theme, my Dad has the distinction of looking just like Benny Hill (or a more canonical photo). Like Benny, Dad's got a self-effacing sense of humor and looks hilarous running around in undercrank. He also ends up being the butt of jokes more often than he probably deserves, but rolls with it like a pro.

An unfortunate side effect of all this is that my childhood memories all run like they were undercranked and have that Yackety Sax song playing behind them.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Judd said...

When I saw Blake today, I couldn't help but be reminded of none other than the original King Kong.

Maybe it was just Saturday's post tnat got me thinking that way.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home