Sunday, May 05, 2024

Movie Review: Civil War


At first glance, Civil War isn't a movie that screams my name. It's violent and bloody and in many scenes, action-packed. Such cinematic displays usually don't interest me. However, I'd actually describe the movie as quiet. With long stretches of silence and not a lot of information about each character, it reminds me of "Cast Away," and that's a movie I watch probably once every year or two. Essentially, I loved this movie. I've thought about it multiple times since seeing it a couple of days ago, and it's now in my list of Top 20 movies, maybe Top 10.

I don't even know where to start on the specifics, and I don't even know if I want to go into those because I think it's best to go into this movie blind. Don't watch the trailer, and don't read the reviews. Just go see it. Suspend your disbelief a bit. Enjoy the thought experiment that's presented to you.

I guess I'll just end with this: I think it should be required viewing for all Americans. I think it's an important movie that won't get the recognition it deserves, but I hope you watch it.


Thing I'm thankful for: gloomy, rainy days


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home