Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Homemade Bread

It was foolish of me to think I could start making bread at 11:00 at night and still be in bed before 2:00 am.  Granted, I had a few other things to do as well, but really, I shouldn't have even let myself start something so late at night.  You can all laugh, too, and say, "But Sara!  You always go to bed that late; why is it a problem now?"  Because it is, that's why, and because I've been trying really, really hard (and somewhat successfully) to get in bed by 12:30 every night.

But that's another post for another day.  For now I'd like to tell you that about two weeks ago, I decided to forego buying bread from the store.  It's just not delicious enough for my taste, and consequently, I never go through an entire loaf before it goes bad.  Plus, I like baking a lot.  Plus, I want to master the art of bread-making.  Plus, baking bread makes your living quarters smell good.  Plus, homemade bread makes a good gift.  Plus, a thick piece of bread and a tall glass of milk is a perfect meal.  To me.

Anyway, just know that every week, I will be making bread.  (I intend on making mostly wheat bread 'cause it does a body good.)  If you are nice to me, I might make you some.  :)

Pictures forthcoming?  Maybe?  I dunno . . .  I mean, is bread really worth looking at?  (It might be, when I get a Pullman Loaf Pan.)



Thing I'm thankful for: Nikki, for introducing me to the wonders of butterscotch baking chips.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

I went shopping with the BF and he wouldn't let me buy a loaf of store bought bread... because he was going to make one for me instead.
Serious.

8:57 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Yay! Joining the ranks of healthy breadmakers everywhere. Love all of your comments. M♡M

12:38 PM  
Blogger Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

I enjoy making bread. The kneading just works out alot of stress and tension! And it takes so yummy! Need a recipe? OR share the ones you try and give us your preference. AND thanks for the fashion tip about stripes!! I am looking at striped fabric right now...project brewing in my head! I would LOVE to see your wardrobe, quite certain is way more awesome than mine! Hey--we might be around your area in July....wanna hang out?!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Agh! Amanda! I'm sending you an e-mail right now!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home