Saturday, March 16, 2013

SXSW 2013, Day 3

This was the best part of SXSW today:


Catching up with friends from Georgia.  I hadn't seen them in years!  Years!  Back then, they weren't The Smiths.  They weren't even dating!  One mission, a long-distance relationship, and some time in Texas later, and they were married.  Yay!

The second-best part of the day was eating brunch with some friends at this place: Magnolia Cafe.  A 24-hour breakfast place?  Don't mind if I do!

The one show I went to was The Flaming Lips, who played for this year's free concert at Auditorium Shores.  I don't wanna throw The Flaming Lips under the bus, but I'll do it, anyway.  It was a less-than-stellar show.  They only played two oldies, and frontman Wayne Coyne talked too much.  The most exciting part of the night was when he invited Justin Timberlake to come up on stage and sing "Do You Realize?" with him.  (It was rumored and then confirmed that JT is indeed in Austin this weekend for some secret shows.  It's truly unfortunate that I didn't know about this two days ago.)  But it was all a mean joke.  Some other guy (who I guess is famous?) sang with Coyne instead.  And I do believe the entire audience was disappointed.

Anyway, the good thing was that the weather was nice, and I was surrounded by fine people.  Otherwise, I would've either gone home or loitered on 6th Street.


Thing I'm thankful for: pre-mixed peanut butter and honey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wait! There is such a thing as per-mixed peanut butter and honey? Where do you find such a heavenly concoction?

7:02 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

At the grocery store! Skippy makes a good version!

9:28 AM  
Blogger cardlady said...

Sara! You are RADIENT in this photo! You look very happy!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home