Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Masterminding: Not Just for Geniuses Anymore

Today, LinkedIn pushed some articles into my inbox.  The title of one caught my eye: 20 Powerful Action Verbs to Kick Your Resume Up a Notch.  It seemed like a worthwhile read.  I've known for some time now that using precise action verbs on a resume is essential to explain previous work experience and to catch potential employers' eyes, but it's always useful to add new words to your resume toolbox.

So I went through the list and was actually quite impressed with the author's creativity.  I mean, these are good words: championed, formulated, leveraged . . .  And then:

Masterminded.

Masterminded?  Really?  Have I ever actually masterminded anything?  Is that common?  Is "masterminded" even a real word?  (Yes.  Yes, it is.)  Don't masterminds usually tap their fingers together and laugh wickedly?  I guess one could be a helpful mastermind, but I think the word typically carries a negative connotation.  Am I wrong?

Maybe I'll start masterminding things, so I can put it on my resume.


Thing I'm thankful for: a job that allows me to stay home when I'm sick

1 Comments:

Blogger Leonie Daecher said...

View best betting sites only 2018 and start getting real cash with no problems. Win a lot of prizes right now.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home