Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SXSW 2013!

Every SXSW I've been to has been a little different.  The first year, I went to a lot of films, mostly because I didn't know there are so many free shows.  (I did know about the free Strokes show, though!)  The second year, I carefully planned all the concerts I wanted to catch and unexpectedly found out about a few gems (Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes).  This year, it's a whole new experience because there aren't that many bands or shows I'm familiar with, so I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants.  Heck, I even listened to a hip hop band today!  (See?  It's totally unlike me!)

Here's what happened so far:
  • I got a sunburn.
  • I saw a girl with what looked like barbecue sauce around her mouth.  (We were not near food.)
  • I was as close to being crushed by a crowd of people as I'd ever like to get.
  • I saw Tegan & Sara, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and The Shout Out Louds.
  • I got a pair of free sunglasses, and this:

Classy, huh?  Those are my friends Nathan and Rachel.  We decided to play it cool for the picture.  I think we pulled it off.

(Also, I look A LOT like my brother Blake in this picture.  We could be twins.)


Thing I'm thankful for: crowds of interesting people

2 Comments:

Blogger cardlady said...

You look like a movie star Chickadee! Sara! Love that look on you and you do look much like Blake in this picture! Love Mom

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Blake said...

Looking good, Sara.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home