Friday, February 17, 2012

Words to Live By

I don't know much about Cicero, but today I found something he said that made me want to learn more about him.
Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.
Brilliant, isn't it? I mostly struggle with only two of those, so I think, by Cicero's account, I am doing alright. Still, he's given me some things to work on . . . (It never ends, does it?)


Thing I'm thankful for: remote screen sharing. It's pretty impressive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for this!

11:19 AM  
Blogger E. E. Wall said...

I always love your posts!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home