Friday, September 09, 2011

Shortcut to Bonding: My Top Cities


If you could live anywhere in the United States, what would be your top spots?

Okay, okay -- That wasn't actually one of the questions that helps people feel closer to one another (according to Arthur Aron of SUNY -- Stony Brook), but I recently took an online quiz about it and thought I'd share.

So without further ado, here are my top cities, as determined by Find Your Spot:
  1. Seattle, Washington
  2. Portland, Oregon
  3. Denver, Colorado
  4. Carlisle, Pennsylvania
  5. Knoxville, Tennessee
  6. Cincinnati, Ohio
The subsequent results pages were filled with cities in Washington, Alaska, and Utah.

As you can see, I'm mostly a West/Pacific Northwest kind of girl. I'm happy with those results, and I know someday I'll make it out there to live and not just to visit.

The funny thing about my top city is that a long time ago, a friend told me I seemed like I was from Seattle. I asked him what that meant, and he said, "Well, you're smart. And you put effort into your appearance, but not too much. And you're pretty chill." I think that was about it, actually. So I guess smart, decent-looking, relaxed girls are typically from Seattle? I'll take it! :)

Now YOU take the quiz! And leave a comment about what cities are yours!


Thing I'm thankful for: parents and siblings who taught me normal social skills. Is there anything more important, really?

7 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Alice said...

My top five...
1. Las Vegas (Yeah, what?)
2. Little Rock (Never been...maybe I'd like it?)
3. Phoenix (This is all because I said I didn't mind hot summers.)
4. Albuquerque (One of the best cities in the world!)
5. Tucson (I almost moved here.)
Portland was #8 on my list and Austin wasn't on my list at all, which surprised me.

5:40 PM  
Blogger bh said...

Knoxville. ha ha.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

(Not surprised you got Seattle!)

Here are mine (which I was a little surprised by):

1. Middlebury, Vermont
2. Johnson, Vermont
3. Elkins, West Virginia
4. Hendersonville, North Carolina
5. Lewiston, Maine

... followed by more New England towns.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Amanda Leigh said...

Every SINGLE city on my list was in a southern state... Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas!! Hahaha It really surprised me!

7:58 PM  
Blogger kyns said...

I got all southern states too. Arkansas, Tennessee, Lousiana, and Georgia. Not surprising.
Also, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico haha

3:57 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

1. Charleston, South Carolina
2. Jacksonville, FL
3. Orlando, FL
4. Houston, TX
5. Biloxi-Gulfport, MS
6. Augusta, GA

baha. i suppose i was supposed to move to houston not austin. actually, austin showed up later..but after VA beach.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Amy Stone said...

I got all these lame-o cities in the south that I don't want to live in. ever. Not to hate on the South... I'm completely envious that you got Seattle. I've had my heart set on Seattle for the last few years, but apparently my personality doesn't say it's the place for me yet. Looks like I have some changing to do...

As for the ponytail, all you need is some good humidity and some thick mousse. Come to Hawaii and see!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home