Monday, September 19, 2011

Ponytail Envy

I have limp hair. The only time it has any volume at all is right after I blow-dry it. It stays that way for maybe an hour, maaaybe two -- but that's pushing it. By midday, it's extremely flat. Flat and boring.

Because we all want what we can't have, I end up noticing girls' hair volume. I'm partial to ponytails, so I particularly notice girls with voluminous and bouncy ones. I can even list the girls I've known who had great ponytails. There are two girls who stick out in my memory as having the best ponytails. Incidentally, they are both engineers, and they both went to GA Tech. They are Lina and Jessica.

This afternoon, as I was waiting for my smoothie to be made at Jamba Juice, I noticed that the girl scooping the frozen fruit had a great ponytail. A great one. I found myself wishing my hair was bouncier. Or even bouncy at all. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, I was "pea-green" with envy.

Here's an example of a great ponytail:


If you want another example, watch Clueless. There are only two scenes when Alicia Silverstone has her hair in a ponytail, so you have to pay attention. :)


What are you envious of, readers?


Thing I'm thankful for: second chances and "do overs"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to add a styling cream or gel before you blow dry to create volume.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Diana Cuadrado said...

Flawless skin.

10:59 PM  
Blogger byubrandy said...

People who are "naturally skinny" (I still doubt that really exists!)

7:57 AM  
Anonymous allensweart said...

Hi
very nice and effective blog
Sarah Hair Extensions offers High quality Remy clip in hair extensions that will transform your hair in minutes. All of our clip in hair extensions are thick so you can have a fuller look.
Hair extensions

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home