Friday, May 27, 2011

Alaska


Okay, so even though I said I'm happily single right now, I still sometimes daydream about a future wedding. I am a girl, after all. I only daydream about three things, though:
  1. My dress
  2. The dessert table
  3. The honeymoon destination
Other than those three things, I have no expectations. :)

For the last few years, I thought Banff would be the best place to go as a newlywed. One of my friends went there with her husband, and when I saw the pictures she posted on Facebook, I made up my mind that it was the place for me.

Lately, though, Alaska has been on my mind. Because you can take a cruise there, you can go to Denali National Park, and you can watch the Northern Lights, which is perfect because I want to get married in the Spring or Fall. :) I want to kayak around glaciers, walk on snow, and hike in cold weather . . .

Maybe I should start weeding guys out that way. I'll just say, "Hey, would you be interested in going to Alaska on your honeymoon?" If the answer is no, I'll know there is no future for us. :)


Thing I'm thankful for: halfway-melted Dove milk chocolate bars

6 Comments:

Anonymous Barry said...

That's it, we're getting married.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

congrats to you and barry!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

ps- when i was daydreaming/interview husbands/planning my honeymoon, the only words i had were "somewhere tropical." ;-) we went to cancun.

although chris has wanted to go on an alaskan cruise for the past few years so that might be in our future too. i think it'd be awesome but i'm not really a fan of cold weather so i don't know if i could ever prefer alaska over "someplace tropical." well see.

so if you and barry want us to join you on your honeymoon (and why wouldn't you?!?!) then i'll talk to chris and we'll start planning. ;-)

1:20 PM  
Blogger David and Jessica Wakefield said...

You definately got my vote for Alaska! But I guess I'm a little biased. :)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Pumba said...

I saw a PBS special on Banff once and have wanted to go ever since!!! But I would also love to go to Alaska. I'd be totally up for a girls trip if you wanted to forgo saving it for your honeymoon. Just a thought. :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

So I think that sounds awesome. Cruises are the best because most everything is planned out for you and after all that wedding planning...trust me, you'll need a break. I also think that is a very logical way of weeding out guys, keep me updated on how that works for you. Love it!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home