Thursday, March 18, 2010

March MADNESS!


When I was in fifth grade, I remember watching my two older brothers make a chart on a dry erase board and rearrange names and numbers as they watched basketball games. I had no idea what it was or why they were doing what seemed to be schoolwork when they were at home.

Nearly twenty years later, I of course know what they were doing: creating a March Madness bracket. Two things fill me with wonder as I think about their dry erase board full of team names:
  1. I am amazed at how much technology influences everything in life. You can now create brackets online and share them with your friends! Web developers and computer programmers design online brackets to do the work for you, too -- you no longer have to manually track your predictions. And you can research just about anything you want on a team. It's just amazing.
  2. How is it that I have gone so long and a) not been curious about brackets before, and b) failed to fill one out? I created my first-ever bracket today before Round 1 began, and what a thrill! Who knew basketball could be so much fun when you have a team you're rooting for? Call me crazy for not having thought of that concept before, but I assure you, readers, I now understand the error of my ways.
All that's left to say, really, is that filling out a bracket is so much better than not filling out a bracket, and I think I'll do this again next year . . .


Thing I'm thankful for: clothes on sale!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Blake said...

Opening weekend March Madness my be the most exciting sporting event ever created. Welcome to the party!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Chandana said...

Hi,

Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you.

It has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.

These messages teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter :

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

God bless you and your family.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home