Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Things


Two years ago, I bought some gray New Balance 992s. (Yes, they're a men's size 10 1/2, 2E. Ahhh . . .) The shoe store near my apartment was having a sale, so I got one pair of 992s and the second pair at half price.

Well, I put the second pair away, and forgot about it until this week. It was Monday night, and I thought, "I need a pick-me-up." For whatever reason, I remembered my new 992s that were stowed away in a Rubbermaid container in my closet. So I pulled them out and put them on. Brand new tennis shoes! I love them! They made me feel better immediately. I mean, I just love clean tennis shoes. When I was younger, I loved to get new Keds for school every year. I think it's the bright white of the rubber edge around the sole that makes me happy . . .

Anyway, tonight while I was walking, I started to think about other new things that I like. Well, who doesn't like new things, in general? I'm talking about new things that are especially special, though. So here's my list of favorite new things:
  • Tennis shoes
  • Crayola crayons
  • Soap
  • Notebooks and notebook paper
  • Erasers
  • Shower curtains
What about you? What new things do you especially like?


Thing I'm thankful for: late-night walks.

9 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

I like bags, apparantly. In a closet I have all the various bags and packs that I've accumulated ove the years. I'm up to four backpacks (not counting the one I bought yesterday), a messenger bag, and an industrial-strength hip bag (don't ask about that one).

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jars of peanut butter! I like to carve my initials in the top.

Karmelle

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

- Soap
- Boyfriends
- Furniture/home accessories
- Music
- Freshly cleaned sheets
- Computers
- pantyhose

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

You are so funny Sara. I could NEVER stow new shoes away for that long. I HAVE to wear my new stuff right away!

Speaking of new things, I like new mascara, deodorant, lotion, clothes, and tennis balls.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i just got a sweet new pair of asics, so i know how you feel. also,
-white t-shirts
-white dress shirts
-awesome music (new and/or newly referred to me)
-socks
-boxes of cereal
-garments
-seasons

12:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh, Taylor -- you are so right! New socks are great! :)

3:19 PM  
Blogger M Crew said...

Sara.. I love this post for a few reasons.

1.) you and I have a lot of similar 'favorite' things!
2.) I have been working at New Balance for a few months part time and 992's are the coolest shoes. I want me a pair. :)
3.) You are just amazing.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NEW BOOKS!
NEW BABIES!
NEW LIVING SPACES
NEW CAMERAS
NEW GADGETS of All Kinds
NEW CALORIE FREE CHOCOLATES!(DARK)
NEW COMPUTER HUTCHES!
NEW ENTRY WAY RUGS!
NEW PAINT JOB IN HOME
NEW YEARS!
NEW BIRTHDAYS!
NEW GRANDKIDS! And a little bit older ones!
NEW JOBS
NEW CAR SMELL!
NEW JOBS!! LOVE YOU SA
NEW BLOGSPOTS< AKA SEWING EXPERT
hahaha LOVE MOM

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home