Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

'Twas the night before Christmas, when in one room of the house
Creatures were stirring, but not a mouse.
It was one in the dining room reading a book,
And four in the kitchen playing the game Rook.

That's what I have of the poem so far . . . You'd think we'd all be in bed at 3:30 a.m., but the night owls in the family have not given in to sleep yet. It's Brooks, Jenna, Lexi, Jesse, and me -- all awake, but tired. I suppose I don't really feel the urge to sleep because Christmas morning isn't as exciting to me anymore. I don't mind sleeping in; in fact, I want to. I'm sure it will be exciting again when I have children of my own, but until then, it's mostly a time to spend with my favorite people in the world: my family. I love that we will play board games and card games and watch movies all day. I love that we will stay up late again tomorrow night.

As I sit here, though, thinking and writing, I'm especially grateful for the reason we celebrate Christmas. I'm grateful for the birth of Jesus 2,007 years ago. I'm grateful to Heavenly Father for sending him to earth, to be perfect and to atone for the sins of the world. I'm grateful for his gospel and grateful for his example.


Merry Christmas to all of you -- I hope you are able to spend it with the people you love. Have a wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home