Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Got a Gold Tooth!

That's right, folks -- it's my first crown. And it's gold.* I've had some time to prepare for this because other things came first -- you don't just buy a gold crown outright, afterall. There are some things that lead up to it: a chipped tooth, pain, a root canal, a temporary filling, and a temporary crown. This is what I thought about the whole ordeal:
  1. What?!? A crown? I'm only 25!
  2. Wow. This is expensive; now I know why lower-income citizens don't get replacement teeth.
  3. Hm, if we ever had another holocaust, and I was on the receiving end of the hatred (which I would be because I'm LDS), I would probably have to give up my gold tooth.
  4. I definitely live in Atlanta.
  5. I really wish I had a) better dental genes, and b) taken better care of my teeth.
  6. Wow. This is expensive.
I guess it's nice to be able to have something where my real tooth once was, rather than a hole. And I need to get used to all of this because I suspect I'll need more crowns in the future. It's not really that bad, I suppose. It really was just a matter of time before I needed one -- I can remember getting cavities filled by the time I was in Kindergarten. I feel like I've grown up in the dentist's office.

I just wish I had more money. Or more dental insurance. Ah, well. My mom said that teeth are the only things God messed up on; he should've given us a third set. I'll concur.


* Why gold, you ask? It lasts much longer than porcelain, and it's cheaper. It's properties are more similar to real teeth as well, so it doesn't damage the teeth around it. (One of many sources.)


Thing I'm thankful for: modern dentistry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leezy Lindsey said...

I've had 2 crowns and am putting off my third. The thing I have learned is that you don't want to skimp on dental work. It's worth it to pay a bit extra to have a good dentist do the work. I learned that the hard way...

3:14 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

Oh man, Sa. You really are a humorous writer - spelled with an "o, u, r."

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Bling, bling, up in da grill, y'all.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

I love your pimped-out tooth.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home