Friday, July 28, 2006

I Got My Hair Dyed Today

And while I was waiting for the color to set, I skimmed through the June 2006 Oprah magazine. (I know, I know -- what was I doing reading "O"? I dunno, really. I don't really like to support Oprah too much, if I can help it. Though, she's a decent person, I guess. Why do I feel some resentment towards her? I have my reasons . . . Maybe I'll post them someday.)

ANYWAY, there was an article on how women today are showing more and more skin. "Cool," I thought. Maybe the editors are going to tell women they should cover up. But no, that's not what it was about. There was, however, a section of quotes from designers or famous people or whoever else wanted to comment on nudity. One quote went like this:
In a restaurant, the more money a man has, the more cleavage his date seems to show. If some high roller will be dropping a lot on wine, he wants to have something to look at during his three-hour meal. But when your dress is too tight, you can't really eat. I've seen these girls just sitting there, drinking, looking good, and full plates going into the garbage.
-- Name withheld, manager of a four-star restaurant, NYC

As I thought about what this meant, I realized 3 things:
  1. I don't like the kind of men and women described in this quote.
  2. If this scenario is generally true, it's highly likely that I will marry a middle-class man, and we will always struggle for money.
  3. That comedian (whoever it was) is right -- Oprah is always on the cover of her own magazine. Hmph.
I thought it was an interesting observation that NYC manager made. I thought you might like it.

What about my hair, you ask? Well, it's darker -- probably nearer my natural hair color anyway. And there are some lowlights, which is cool. But it takes me a while to get used to change. I'll tell you how I feel about it in a few weeks. Until then, here's a (not very revealing) picture. I'm sorry about poor lighting and camera phone picture quality.


Can you tell a difference?

Thing I'm thankful for: my family, my family, my family. I really can't stress my love for them enough.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lexia said...

It looks a little greener, but like you said, that could be the camera phone. Send me a real picture and then we'll talk.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Lexia, you are awesome!! I wanted to say that, but wouldn't have dared. Very green--it's a new style ;o) I'll be curious to see it in reality!! Your haircut is very cool, Sara, so darker with lowlights sounds great!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sorry, folks -- I can't get it any less green-looking than that.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Lexia said...

I want to see your hair in reality. :o( Can I PLEASE win a million dollars somehow so I can pay my student loans and go visit Sara.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Lexia said...

PLEASE!?!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

But the color changes are visible now despite them being shades of green rather than blonde... Imagining the greenness away, it's quite nice!!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new photo, but the older one was good too. Great job!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara-you have got to talk to Kirsten. She absolutely can't stand Oprah. It is a big joke now because she loaths her to the extreme. I'll give you her number.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home